Friday, February 7, 2014

hello 2014,

yes, i think my hiatus and the lack of blog post (for about a year and more) has killed what minute readership i have. As mentioned in previous blog post, in all honestly, writing takes time and effort - and whether you are a writer or not, one do suffer from the normal case of writer's block. but seriously, i have been too busy (with work and life) and just did not have the mood to blog. i apologize dear blog of mine.

now that that is out of the way, i should probably start with a warm hello to 2014. you can read my farewell bid to 2013 on my Dayre post here.

and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
since the year started and now even the Lunar New Year, i have been trying out new things and even doing things I say i wanted to pick up for ages - like COOKING.

but the major highlight for this year is my new haircut! i finally, and for the first time since i had a say in my haircut, went SHORT!
Hair done in Miko Galere by Miko.

this post is starting to be a very update-y post, which is NOT the direction i want to blog about.
Having the sudden urge to blog, I did not want to blog about an update about me and my life, I wanted a more fun blog post.

But if you do want updates, you can get them on my Instagram, Twitter, and Dayre.

*

With that, I decided I want to share my finally COMPLETE MAC makeup eyeshadow palette.
Finally a full x15 palette. i feel so proud. it took me awhile to fill this up, as i wanted to only get colours I will wear and will use. and now i am a proud owner of a full palette.

I decided to buy the old palette because I could not justify paying RM120 for an empty palette.

Since completing my palette, I have added more to the collection. hold your panties! It's not much, only x3 single shadows and x1 Pro LongWear eyeshadow.
L-R: (ProLongWear) Mauveless; (eyeshadow) Shell Baby, Baby Breath (wn), Groundcover
Baby Breath is a colour i use more as a blush than an eyeshadow. in fact, i don't think i have once used it as an eyeshadow! on my skin, it gives my cheeks a nice pink flush. Hey, makeup has no rules, you CAN wear eyeshadow on your cheek!

As I work in the beauty industry, I do have access to makeup and thus some of these few mentions does not have the final names, but just the working names(wn). Don't get too excited, these are colours that have long been released.

Since we are on the topic of MAC eyeshadows, i decided to also throw in some of the other eyeshadows i own.
L-R: (Mineralize) Hold That Pose!, Faux Gold; Follow Your Fantasy

L-R: (MetalXCreamShadow) Red Hot Copper, Gold Carbon, Fusion Gold

A good mix of Mineralized, Cream, and loose Pigment eyeshadows. While I am at this, I am just going to throw in the Paint Pots I have.
L-R: (PaintPots) Coral Crepe, Vintage Selection; (Pigments) Vanilla

i have also ordered the Pigment in Naked (so that is on the way), and i am thinking of getting the Pigment in the colour Melon (such a gorgeous colour, got a mini sample of it and i love it!).

My favourite colours and my most used colours from this little collection are not at all the same (well, some are), but you get my drift...i hope.

The ones that are both favourites and most used are,
  • Patina Eyeshadow is a gorgeous and very versatile colour! beautiful for all over the lid on its own, and a very versatile colour that easily pairs with other colours.
  • Naked Lunch Eyeshadow is another colour that wears beautifully on its own and paired with others.
  • Vanilla Pigment is a colour that looks boring in the little container, but GOSH! so so pretty! it has that shimmer sheen of gold when applied, and instantly brightens up your lid. prefect inner colour colour and to line your under eyes (to create that ever popular K-pop look). but also awesome for all over the lids just to add some colour-and-go.
moving on to favourites, this is a much longer list, and for this, i am going to skip description and such. Just look at the gorgeous colour! i need not say more! :)
  • Sketch Eyeshadow
  • Nocturnelle Eyeshadow
  • Trax Eyeshadow
  • Swiss Chocolate Eyeshadow
  • Woodwinked Eyeshadow
  • Mauveless Pro Long Wear Eyeshadow
you can see that i favour neutral colours that leans towards the purple, burgundy side. i am just a sucker for these colours, across all makeup category - eyeshadow, blush and lip colour.

what can i say, i am PurpleMonsterrrr for a reason! :)

i shall end this here.

PS: i am not paid nor asked to write this.
a good majority of the products mentioned are self-bought
or given to me as a gift from friends & family.
some are given to me at the place i work at.

2 comments:

  1. ooh a full MAC palette! :) Trax actually looks like a very nice shade for a blush too, and I agree, makeup is versatile, eye shadow can definitely double as blush and eyeliner even!

    PS: Love your blog posts, and do update more frequently! Look forward to your next one :) From your non existent reader, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! i have a reader! thank you for taking time to read my blog! you just make me want to blog more consistently! thank you. yes, indeed there is no exact rule to makeup, which makes it that more fun! :)

      ps: i went to your blog, btw, books are one of my weakness too! :)

      Delete